Preferably, when you are task with planning a large event you want to start the planning phase at least a year in advance. When you have a date and venue, here is what else you will need to do:
12 months in advance
– Choose the theme and create a budget plan. Decide the general kind of event, such as sit-down dinner or buffet style meal, and other significant elements, such as the entertainment.
– Get cost quotes for food, drinks, entertainment, decorations and gifts. Food alone can cost from $10 to $35 a person, so feeding a guest group of 100 people might cost a minimum of $3,000. A professional DJ for the entertainment could cost between $100 and $300 an hour.
If you want or need help to successfully prepare a significant event, this is the time to employ a party or special event coordinator. Party Go Round, a Cincinnati party rentals company can provide such services in and around the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
Six months out
– Finalize information with all vendors.
– Buy decors and pick invites.
Two months in advance
– Mail invites six to 8 weeks before the event.
– Finalize details for transport and visitor lodging.
One month prior
– Contact guests who have actually not replied to the invites, so you can offer a final head count for suppliers, particularly the catering service and event hall.
One week before
– Plan to be busy with last-minute details, including designing, seating plans and preparing gifts or VIP guest preparations.
Work with an event planner
Often the easiest thing to do is work with an expert event coordinator who can collaborate all of the other vendors you will need. A specialist can certainly help you to make better use of your time and avoid the stress involved. The event coordinator you select may even pay for herself or himself through savings they get for you from their supplier connections.
Event coordinators listen to the host’s concepts for the event and think about the spending plan, then they talk to and book service providers. They handle scheduling and party decorations. Typically, they understand information that most hosts neglect.
Some planners charge a flat project charge, while others charge a portion of the event cost. Event organizers may also charge a per hour rate or integrate a hourly rate with a percent-of-expenses structure. Make sure that all charges and services are detailed in a clear, concise agreement.
Celebration vendors who can help
Below is a list of some of the kind of service-providers that can be useful when you are planning a huge event.
– Cake Decorating
– Invitations and Calligraphy
– Catering and Chefs
– Costume Rental
– Holiday Lights and Decorating
– Party Equipment Rentals
– Reception Halls
– Tuxedo Rental
– Videographers and Video Services
– Wedding Planner and Planning
– Bridal Shops
– Limo Service
China Repair and Care
When planning a special event or party, you may want to use your finest China wear. If you own pieces that need to be repaired, think about working with an expert, who may create a fix that is invisible to the eye.